MMI recently attended Arrow’s annual May Days education and networking event in Atlanta. We had a booth manned by our Business Development Executive, Claire Millsap; Maintenance Consultant, Lilliam Contreras; and Marketing Manager, Trish McLoughlin, who provided valuable information to the attendees, as well as fun and useful giveaways. Having a booth at this convention gave MMI the opportunity to have face to face time with many of our business partners and meet new ones.
There were a lot of great discussions with those in IBM’s Business Partner channel. Many of these discussions underscored the successes and limitations many of them are seeing with their contract management strategy, such as:
- “Maintenance renewals provide a valuable annuity stream for our business.”
- “Our customers see value in us helping them manage their hardware and software contracts.”
- “Utilizing our customer’s contract data helps us uncover new business opportunities.”
- “Competition is heating up, and we need to provide customers with more value in order to win and keep their business.”
- “We don’t have the right technology to track all our customer data. As a result, we often miss renewal opportunities.”
- “We don’t have the expertise in house to do contract consolidations.”
- “Our customer data is unorganized, making it difficult for our sales teams to leverage it to find new business.”
In case you didn’t know, MMI builds sound strategies for tracking contract renewals, and license and warranty expirations. Without a good system built around your maintenance business, you could be leaving thousands, if not millions of dollars, on the table for your competition to grab.